- FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 15th
- 6:00 pm Social Hour and Silent Auction Begins
- 7:30 HANNAH Buddhism’s Untold Story a film by Adam Penny and Marta Gyorgy Kessler – This film tells the story of Hannah Nydhal and her adventure bringing Tibetan Buddhism to the West.
- SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 16th
- 1:00 INSIDE TIBET – This 1942 film captures the good-will mission from the President of the United States, Franklin D. Roosevelt, to Tibet and HH the Dalai Lama, who was 10 years old at the time.
- 1:45 WOMEN OF TIBET: GYALYUM CHEMO- THE GREAT MOTHER a film by Rosemary Rawcliffe – The Great Mother recounts the compelling life story of Dekyi Tsering, the mother of one of the world’s leading ambassadors for peace, His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama.
- 3:00 Panel Discussion
- 3:30 STUDENT FILMS by the Photography and Film Club
- 3:45 VISIONS OF MUSTANG directed by Daniel Byers – This film follows a medical team into the upper reaches of Nepal, and to Mustang to offer eye care services to this remote population.
- 4:30 THE LAST DALAI LAMA? written, produced, and directed by Mickey Lemle, original music composed and performed by Philip Glass and Tenzin Choegyal – For over a thousand years, Buddhist psychology has taught techniques for overcoming negative, afflictive emotions, such as anger, greed, jealousy, sloth and ignorance. His Holiness explains that Tibetan Buddhism is both a religion and a “science of the mind.” Anyone, from any tradition, can benefit from experiencing the Dalai Lama’s crystallized understanding of the nature of mind, and the part it plays in the creation, and alleviation of all of our suffering.
- 5:45 KORA directed and produced by Jawshing Arthur Liou – The kora, as a circle, has no beginning or end. A living experience in ultra high-definition. Featured in the State of the Art Exhibition at Crystal Bridges.
FREE ADMISSION – DONATIONS APPRECIATED
Concessions and dharma store will be available